Monday, March 26, 2007

Catch up time

I am not going to offer any excuses but do apoligize for not being on my blog for a bit.

Updates:

LaJolla Seminar was awesome. It was a small but great group of people. Thank you to all that attended and for the positive feedback. Thanks Franz & Yoana it was great working with you both and I look forward to doing another seminar with you again. Thanks for letting me stay at your new home. Stay Tuned;)

Was in Arizona over the weekend to finish up the z-health cert. There has been a bit more talk about zhealth in various places. The way I see it: It is a great moblity system and has to be done precisely. Like all systems it is not standalone. I am looking forward to implementing the concepts into my training style.

A real highlight of the weekend was visiting Josh 'Sandman' Henkin's gym. Got to play around with the atlas stones for the first time! Great fun and so different, unique and fun. Flipped the #900 tire for 4 singles but they were not pretty;) Josh had a #1200 but I will have to think about it another time. It was great meeting Josh and his wife and they very kindly let me stay at their home. I really want to thank them for their kind hospitality. I am looking forward to working with him in the future. Stay tuned for that also. http://www.ifsstrength.com/

My training/life has been doing a lot of labor work in the garden still. Trying to find the balance between that and work doesn't leave the time or energy to 'workout'. Not really missing it that much though. It is great to be working/exercising and achieving something beyond the physical and mental. I am going to the Federenko cert in April so I will have to pull my finger out so to speak.

5 comments:

Tom Furman said...

I'll check in with you next week about April's cert. I'll know more by then Ken.

--Tom

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks for the update Ken, I always look forward to your insight and wisdom. Have fun at VF's cert, that should be very informative.Plus, more KBs is ALWAYS good :))

Taikei Matsushita said...

Going for GS style Ken?
Sky's the limit, go for it !

Ken Black said...

Thanks guys.

Would be good to see you there Tom

Much more to it than just GS. Federenko is an animal. I think it is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best out there. Plus you get bells and you can never have enough of them;)

Rob O'Brien said...

Ken,

Looking forward to meeting you in Cincinatti on the 21st. I will be there.

Cheers,
Rob