Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Great time to reflect

I have not injured myself training for a long time.
Sure there have been some aches and pains but no
injuries. Anyway Saturday wasn't really
concemtrating on what I was doing and strained a
calve. Nothing bad but it will give me a good
opportunity to reflect and refocus the training.
Training at the moment will be based upper body
work but just taking it easy on the legs and prep
for Z-health cert. A lot of lower body band work.
Looking forward to being back at it soon enough;)

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Arggggghh!

Injuries are the pits! Like you said, they offer a great opportunity to relfect on the training and work on other weak link areas!

You will heal soon enough my brother!

Mark Reifkind said...

heal quickly brother. muscle pulls are irritating but at least it's not a joint injury!calves are tough though,espcially when you do so much training on your feet! lots of emu oil and massage.

Tim Dymmel said...

Ken,

Check out www.tpmassageball.com

We have the full array of rollers and ball and they are unbelievable for working out the kinks. They also have a great resource for treatment, etc.

Dymmel

Tom Furman said...

Bands cure everything. I think they are a powerful tool for training.
Build a slanted board, not a calf block for stretching. The ballerinas I worked with the last 20 years use those and I like them.

Tommy Shook said...

Hoist a few cold ones and take a couple of days off. Everything in moderation...even moderation!
Heal quick bro!