Thursday, February 01, 2007

Z Health Cert thoughts

I am a very nuts and bolts kind of person. When I first got R-Phase from Z-health I tried it a few times and didn't think anything too major about it. I put it back on the shelf and didn't really see the point to it.

After reading a bit more and hearing the benefits has led me to give it another go. Mainly Steve Maxwell, Josh Henkin and a few others got me curious about it. So I signed up for the cert with the mind of 'what exactly is going to be taught for six days!' These are just basic movements. Or so I thought.

As they say, the older you get the more injuries you have to live with. Something I do not want to buy into. I love to train and being injured is no fun at all. With the mobility drills I thought I was doing correctly, I was actually doing incorrect. I noticed major differences in my posture after doing the exercises correctly. I felt much more mobile and fluid than I have in a long long time.

Being a full time trainer, my assessments were what I thought were practical and a good representation of imperfections and potential problems. I always saw the assessment as laying the foundation for the training program. I now understand how to have a better toolbox and way of assessing.

Z-health has a great way of assessing your clients. It works and it works fast. I am nowhere near the level of assessing that I would like to be but here is what one of my clients had to say:

"Z-Health ia amazing. The results were instant and obvious. I am excited about learning and practicing more."

This was after working with him for about 10 mins. I was so happy to see major changes so quickly.

It is great to be able to show people these exercises and see the obvious changes that are going on.

I am looking forward to learning more for my clients and myself.
If you are interested in learning more about what Z-Health has to offer visit their website Z Health

It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot and look forward to learning even more in the next three days.

5 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Ken,

Sounds like a great course! It is always nice to see trainers like you that keep an open mind and look for new ways of providing better service. I admire your professionalism and enthusiasm.

Franz Snideman said...

Rock on Ken. I have no doubt that you will use this information in a very practcal and effective way to the betterment of your clients.

You are no longer KENNY G....

your new name is KENNY Z!

Tom Furman said...

I am definitely interested in attending this course. It is right up my alley in terms of mobility, martial arts, and durability. Thanks for the review. Geoff Neupart was VERY impressed with it.

Mark Reifkind said...

a six day cert? really? EVERYONE seems to love it but man six days is a long time to be away from work for me.especially if it ain't a vacation!glad you're digging it Ken

dr. m.c. said...

i just found your post. How's it going a couple years down the line? i've just been thinking about it half a year down the line as the best thing i've done training wise.

mc