Monday, June 26, 2006

Home made grip toy & todays training

I have seen this style of grip tool on a few sites but thought I would make my own. Softball, 6" eye bolt & a bit fo drilling. I countersunk the nut. Very humbling to say the least. Makes a huge difference how you grip it. You can see the difference in weight from overhand (67 1/2) to a more side on grip (75 could have done a bit more). I will be making another one and also a couple with baseballs. Chinsand other fun stuff will be on the cards!


Joint mobility & kb warm up

2 KB deads #100's 3 x 3
2 KB front squats 88's 3 x 3

Band presses (2 yell & 1 mag) 3 x 3
Chins BW 3 x 3

Some softball lifts

Swim:)

9 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

You are an animal and a creative genius! I like your way of thinking Ken, and thanks for everything man. Cannot wait to put the sled to use

Ken Black said...

It was cool seeing you again Joe. Look forward to hitting a workout soon. You are more than welcome here anytime. Have fun with the sled;)

Pete said...

Thanks for showing the pics and how to make it. I see that my next order will be at Ironmind.com!

Dog Pound said...

The grip tool looks very cool. I want to try it Thursday.

I'm thinking of make a horn out of plaster using a traffic cone as a mold.

Ken Black said...

Pete you coming over this week? I'll try and make you one if I get a chance.

Corey it is very humbling;) I saw one made somewhere and I think they put a spiraled coathanger in the mould to strengthen it. See ya Thursday.

Mark Reifkind said...

way cool ken! see you next week.

Ken Black said...

Thanks Rif. Looking forward to next week.

Mark Reifkind said...

dude, whats the tat on your right forearm? it looks familiar.

Hey we will be in sacto at the double tree probably around 11 am or so saturday. he doesnt compete til 2 or so then we are done and are staying over the night at the hotel.

Ken Black said...

It is clan emblem. There are a lot of them that look similar.
What is the actual date of the comp? Is it Sat 8th? You are still more than welcome to come over to see the garage:)Anytime.