Friday, May 12, 2006

My need to train

Thursday

Band Presses (2 yellow + 1 mag.) 5 reps x 4 sets

Friday

Even though I did some heavy (for a non-laborer) manual labor and it was tiring, it felt as though I hadn't been training. I don't know how to describe it but if I don't train I have way too much energy. In short I need to train for my sanity (or maybe those around me;) so did a hard one today. Feel a lot better. Tomorrow I am doing the Komen race with my mum.

Joint mobility

Windmill w/#50 kb x 2 reps
Ribbons w/#50 kb x 5 reps

Thrusters w/2 #70 kb's Density style for 10 mins/44 reps total
5 reps x 8 sets; 3 x 1 set; 1 x 1 set
Shoulders got fatigued at the end. Used box so all squats were thighs parallel.

Chins BW 3 x 3 sets
Swings w/#50 kb 3 x 3 sets

Walks with #36 290 feet(145 feet/arm) each one (overhead, racked and farmers)

Band dislocates x 30 reps

5 comments:

Tommy Shook said...

Nice work with the thrusters man! Those are a killer for me with 2 24's..I can't imagine 2 32 kg. bells yet..man I still have a long way to go! You rock!

I know what you mean about the need to train, for me its the same way, just makes everything else so much more tolerable.

Ken Black said...

Thanks Tom. It was pretty damn hard. Thrusters are a favorite exercise of mine! What sort of #'s were you getting with the 24's? Might have to give it a go this week.

Tommy Shook said...

Ken,
Usually when I do thrusters it is in combo with pull-ups a-la "Fran" of CrossFit fame (I know, I know)-I just really like that particular workout..short, sweet and brutal! It's 21, 15, and 9 reps of thrusters (I use 2 X 24 kg.) and BW pull-ups. I usually break the sets a little but try and keep moving. My best time thus far is about 9 minutes.

Ken Black said...

Sounds good Tom. I haven't done it before but I will have to some time.

Pete said...

Man, you guys are strong! :) I got my work cut out for me I love the competition, keep up the great work!