Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ain't no excuse

I have a cold but not that bad. Still no reason not to train! You will always find a reason not to train. I hate not being able to train but at the same time it is hard to listen to your body and not push it too far. It is a fine line for me sometimes. Anyways.....

Thursday
Joint mobility & dislocates
Halos #30 6 x 2 sets
Bott. up press #30 5 reps

Friday
Rolling thunder # 103 3 x 3

BU press #50 3 x 3
Ring dips BW 3 x 3

BU clean #70 3, 2, 1

Saturday
Workout at park (with Pete & Bob)

Chins1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3
Dips 5 x 3 sets
Push presses with #40 1,2,4,8,16,36,16,8,4,2,1

6 comments:

Pete said...

Good times at the park Ken! It felt good to train with you and Bob to keep the motivation going. I am glad the cold did not keep you down. The weather was hot at close to 90 degrees with 75% humidity and we had the park to ourselves, save the dog owners! I look forward to more at the park. I will bring the sled next time!

Mark Reifkind said...

summer colds are the worst. especially when its 100 degrees!way to hang tough.hydrate hydrate hydrate!

Mark Reifkind said...

was that some kind of fibanacci rep formual with the 40? crazy numbers.

Ken Black said...

Thanks for coming Pete. I will be back better next time.

I had to look up fibanacci;) No just working in with other people and started reps off too low for me. I am not at my smartest when sick though.

Tom Furman said...

You have good leg strength (from Sot's video and pistols examples) without doing alot of full knee flexion. You do alot of posterior chain work though. What gives Ken?

--Tom

Ken Black said...

At the moment posterior and lower arm strength is my emphasis. For me these are the areas I need to bring up. I get enough overall upperbody balance from what I am doing. I am using bands for flexibility/prehab/strength. Hope that answers and thanks for the question Tom.